Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What a Week! And it is only Tuesday

Last weekend started out wonderful. Saturday we packed up and headed to Salt Lake to see the sites and the lights and go to a friends wedding. We met up with my sister and her friend for lunch and then did a little shopping. As we were driving to the trax station I reached back to help the baby and felt a horrible pain in my shoulder. We took trax from Sandy which the girls loved. They couldn't get over how fast we were going and that they didn't have to wear a seat belt. We got there and they hadn't turned on the lights yet so we took a tour of the beehive house. We have been learning about the prophets in Family Night so the kids thought it was fun to be in a prophets house. Then we went and saw the lights and the Nativity. We took trax back to Sandy and drove to West Jordan for the wedding reception. We got there just in time to say congrats and chat for a minute and then they left.

Sunday Scott went to his meetings and I was trying to get the kids ready for church, but my shoulder was hurting so bad that I had very little use of my left arm. I called him and he ran and got me a sling and helped me finish getting everyone ready and loaded in the car. Scott and I both had to teach this week so it was a little crazy. Monday morning came and the pain in my shoulder was so bad that I couldn't get myself dressed. I went to my Doctor and they said that I tore my rotator cuff. I have to be in a sling for the next two weeks and then I will start physical therapy.

Today my baby was running a fever and Natalie was playing with an ornament, broke it, and cut her hand deep enough to need 2 stitches.

Thankfully we have wonderful neighbors and friends who have been here for me. My Relief Society President came and got all of my laundry. I didn't realize how much you use two hands. I have a hard time doing just about everything. But we are going to Washington for a week and so my in-laws and husband will be able to help with the kids.

1 comment: