Friday, December 4, 2009

My Baby is ONE!!!

My Baby is one!! I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. He is such a joy. He is crawling everywhere, walking around the furniture and anything else that he can stabilize on. He is up and down are stairs as fast as lightning. He is starting to talk, nothing major just Mama, Dada, no, ya, hi, and some attempts to say his sisters names. He loves playing with cars and balls and tormenting his sisters. He and his daddy are best friends. Yesterday he was crying and I couldn't figure out why so in desperation I asked what he wanted and he said Dada.


So once again in Johnson tradition... Here is the story. Stevens pregnancy was not much fun. I was really sick for the first 4 months and then I was on partial bed rest for most of the rest of the pregnancy. After 4 months of contractions I was so sick of being pregnant. At my 38 week appointment I begged my doctor to strip my membranes. He did and then I prayed that it would work but not to quickly because I didn't want him and Natalie to have the same birthday and it was her birthday when I went in for my appointment. I had a few minor contractions but that was it so I decided to have a birthday party for Natalie. I spent the rest of the day making her cake and cleaning. I was having contractions but that was the story of this pregnancy so I wasn't to worried about it. We had some neighbors come over for the party and when they got there my friend suggested I call my mom because my contractions were pretty convincing. I called and mom headed to our house. We had a great party but I think I scared the other kids because every few minutes my belly would harden and I would breath hard. They all went home and my mom and sister arrived and of course my contractions stopped. Scott didn't want to go to bed because we have gone in early in the morning each time to have our babies. Around midnight it had been a couple of hours since I had had any contractions so we went to bed. The second that Scott started snoring the contractions came back. I breathed through them for a while and then I decided I had better start timing them. When they started coming 3 minutes apart I woke up my husband and said it was time to go. We woke up my mom and my sister and they decided they wanted to come so we called a neighbor. Mom insisted that Scott and I go ahead and she and Lindsey would follow when the neighbor came. We went to the hospital and they were about a minute apart. We had to wait at the entry desk so that they would let us in to the labor and delivery area. Then we had to wait at the registration desk well they found our registration. They finally took me back to the room and asked for a urine sample. I tried and the second I sat down my water broke and I had to push. Mom and Lindsey walked in and yelled for my Doctor. He came in and Scott and the nurse carried me to the bed. 2 pushes later he was there. It was kind of funny that my sister was there because she was also almost born in the toilet.

Steven Dee Cornelsen was born Dec. 4 at 5:02 am 7lbs 3 oz 19 inches long. Here are some sweet pictures of my baby.
Here is his birthday cake. We did a joint party for him and Natalie at my parents house last week. Scott made this cake while I made Natalie's. I think he did a great job.



Steven wasn't hesitant he went right for his cake but just licked the frosting a finger at a time.

He got into it quickly though especially after we gave him a spoon. He loved it and was mad when we took him away from it 20 minutes later. He was so much fun. He tried sharing it and when no one wanted it. He smeared it on uncle Spencer. So much fun!!! Happy Birthday Steven! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. What a YEAR! Already??? Really??? Oh my I can't believe it. Still cute as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you left a comment on our blog so that I would know where to find your blog. Your kids are adorable...and growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete