Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent it with my family in freezing cold Rexburg. There ended up being about 25 people there at any given time. So it was loud and busy and fun. Wednesday and Thursday were spent cooking and eating and the rest of the weekend we ate leftovers. My brother Tyler and his sweet new wife were there so it was fun to get to know her a little bit better. I colored my aunts hair Friday night and it was fun to get to visit with her pretty much on my own because we were banished to the bathroom. It turned out super cute. I know it is a little late for a thankful post but I was struck this last week with how blessed I am. I have an amazing husband who is a wonderful father to my children. I have three beautiful children who teach me so much and who make life an adventure. I have a wonderful extended family and for the most part we enjoy each others company. I was raised in the gospel and am so grateful for it. I have amazing friends who help me through difficult times. I have difficult times that make me appreciate the good times even more. I live in a free country. I have a car that makes it more convenient to visit family and go grocery shopping. I am grateful for this time of year that helps us reflect on all we have.
Making scones Friday morning.

Most of the crew. I didn't get a great picture.




Scotty making the mashed potatoes. We peeled 50 potatoes. Needless to say we had leftovers.



Happy Thanksgiving!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment