Saturday, November 7, 2009

Motherhood


So my baby stood up by himself yesterday and it enlisted several emotions. First, of course, was excitement followed quickly by dread. He is trouble just crawling. It also made me reflect on the last 5 years. I find it ironic the way that things change. When Malaya was born I couldn't wait for her to say mom, now there are days when I wish that the name didn't apply. When Malaya was born I was going to be the perfect mom the house was never going to be messy, dinner would always be amazing and on the table at six, my kids were going to be potty trained at 2 and reading by three. Now reality has set in. My house is often messy, dinner sometimes is cold cereal, and my oldest wasn't potty trained until she was 4 1/2. With my first we did everything we could to make her walk. With the second we worked with her on walking but it would happen when it happened. Now with my third I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I push him down. So not ready for him to walk. With my first I couldn't wait for her to reach all her stages with my son I cry when he does. Not that I don't want him to, but it means that he is growing up and reaching a more difficult phase.

As I sit here typing my three beautiful kids are sitting playing nicely together and tears are welling up. I love them so much. I am so grateful for all that they teach me and what they have taught me about my Heavenly Father. So even with it's difficulties I love motherhood. :)

1 comment: