Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ramblings of a Bishop's wife.

Today my husband was made the Bishop of our ward. We have known this was coming for about a month. The last month has been a serious of highs and lows. There were days when I wondered if the Stake President realized that we had three small kids and that we already don't see my husband. Then there were days when I thought for sure that this was a really bad practical joke. I mean Scott is only 30. Other days I just cried. This morning I was really anxious. I felt like I was going to throw up. We made it to church on time (I have to get all three kids and myself ready by 8:45) and poor Scott looked ill sitting up on the stand. He looked ill right up to the time that they sustained him and then is was just emotion. It was a really neat change. I am trying to look at this as an adventure. We are so blessed. I know that the Lord will strengthen both of us so that we can do what we need to do to make this work. I am grateful that my husband is worthy, willing and able to serve. I am a very blessed woman.

2 comments:

  1. congrats Jenn and Scott, I know you will be blessed! I just wish we lived closer to help you by stealing your kids away for play dates!!!! Or I would just steal you away and leave AAron with the kids hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can imagine this will be a challenge for you but I'm sure the blessings will flow!

    ReplyDelete