Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time is Flying!

My kiddos are getting so big! I am working on getting Malaya registered for kindergarten and Natalie registered for preschool. Steven is starting to attempt walking and is really starting to communicate. It is really weird. Sometimes I still feel like I am in high school. I still have those "wait a minute...I am a mom" moments. And then on the flip side I feel old. A lot of my friends are just getting married or just having their first child and I have three kids and my oldest is nearly five. My best friend is going to be forty this month. I don't know it is a weird kind of limbo.
Anyway I was reading a friends blog about enjoying the moments and I realized that she is right. If the last five years is any indication my babies are going to be grown before I know it. So I really need to look past the craziness and exhaustion and find joy in the moments.

2 comments:

  1. That is really good advice that your friend has but I know it's hard to do. Even at my age and with all my regrets about how I have spent my time, it seems that life just gets in the way of enjoying it. Hang in there and know that your a great Mom and that you spend a lot of quality with your children. I wish I had been more like that. If it gets really bad, just send them to Grandmas's. :) I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I found your blog via Angie's. ANyway, how are you doing? Your kids are so big and so darling! Glad you guys had such a good Christmas. Hope all is well. Keri

    ReplyDelete