Thursday, August 2, 2012

Grace Elizabeth Johnson

Grace Elizabeth Johnson
August 1, 2012 1:19 pm
6lbs 14oz
19 inches


Yesterday I was able to participate in the birth of my niece. I have seen babies born before but not since I have had my own and it was an entirely different experience. Mari decided to not have an epidural and labored for 18 hours and pushed for 2 hours. I feel so privileged to have been able to be there. I was there for moral support and ended up being a little bit of everything from breathing coach to pushing coach. Babies are an incredible miracle. Getting them here is exhausting and painful and I think pushes women to their breaking point and then they are here and it is worth every minute of pain and exhaustion. I love the picture of Jordan and Mari and baby Grace just moments after she was born. I think it says it all.

2 comments:

  1. This is honestly one of the most beautiful pictures! You are right, it really captures the wonder of birth. Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great experience. The baby is so pretty. Tell them both congratulations for us.

    ReplyDelete